About SBU Membership (2021-2022)
We are a membership-based Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation, [SCIO].
Membership of the SBU is open to all bridge players, aged 12 years or more on 1st September of their first year of membership. Usually, a player will apply for SBU membership and nominate a club as their primary club, i.e., their home club.
The SBU membership year is from the 1st of September to the 31st of August, irrespective of any club membership year (they are often different). Members in good standing having paid their membership fee for the current season are entitled to attend and vote at SBU General Meetings - the AGM is usually held in May each year.
- Junior members are members who on 1stJanuary in the current season have not reached the age of 25). They are eligible for a 50% reduction in the annual SBU membership fee. Entry to club, district and SBU competitions may be discounted.
- If you are ready to join us please follow this link for instructions
- SBU Membership is also available on a “DIRECT” basis, via payment directly to the SBU - see Direct membership.
Annual subscription fees differ according to membership type.
For the membership year/season of 1st September 2021 to 31st August 2022 the fees are ...
- £8.00 for adults: payment due by 30th November 2021 via the home affiliated club.
- £4.00 for juniors: payment due 30th November 2021 via the home affiliated club or the Juniors club.
- £13.00 for direct members: payment due by 31st October 2021 directly to the SBU.
How to pay
All correspondence to the SBU honorary Treasurer Scott MacDonald
SBU bank account details
Bank of Scotland
Sort code 80-22-60
Account number 22494862
Cheques to be written to "Scottish Bridge Union" in full. Cheques payments should be deposited in a Bank of Scotland branch to our bank account as shown above but must be notified by email to the Treasurer.
Bank transfers to the SBU are preferred, with a reference of "MBRS SUBS xxxxx" where 'xxxxx' is the name of the club.
Any membership queries or requests please contact Member Services.
W L Whyte
Member Services Committee
15th March 2022