Welcome to the Scottish Bridge Union
The Women's team have qualified from the round robin after playing 16 matches. 16 teams form the knock out event. Scotland beat the Netherlands by 5 imps and Norway in the quarter final by 61 imps. They play France in the semi final on Wednesday and Thursday. Unfortunately Scotland lost to France by 19 imps. We are all very proud of their achievement. The next day Scotland played China in a 48 board match for the bronze medal. China won by 50 imps.
Well done! Sam,Anne,Helen,Fiona,Liz and Paula.
The Open team did not qualify for the knock out stages finishing 15th in their group.
The teams playing in Wroclaw are listed below. website
|Sandy Duncan & Danny Kane||Fiona McQuaker & Liz McGowan|
|Stephen Peterkin & Alex Adamson||Paula Leslie & Sam Punch|
|Helen Kane & Anne Symons|
- Women's Pairs and Teams
- Scottish Cup 2016
- Scottish Cup Plate 2016
- Bronze Players
Deadline 11th September More details
A new rank introduced for those members with 100 Masterpoints including 25 National Points which will be deemed Silver. Regional Masters will be able to play in the Fairlie (Ranked Pairs) and the Harrison (Ranked Individual). More...
Other Recent Updates
- Bronze Pairs - Thea Teale Trophy
- Senior National Pairs - Diamond Trophy
- WBU - Women's Weekend
- Details of National Events run by clubs
- EBU System Cards
- Master Points Guide for Clubs September 2016
- Bulletin 003 (Scorebridge considerations)
- SBU Ranking Table (as at 1 September 2016)
- SBU Masterpoint Handbook 7th Edition - Revised (November 2015)
- Bobby Allan Trophy
- SBU Membership 2016-17
- Club Master and Novices - Kennedy Trophy
- British Simultaneous Pairs
- National Pairs
- Contacting the SBU
- Women's National Pairs
- New Rank - Regional Master
- 82nd AGM - 31st May 2016