The April 2020 issue of Scottish Bridge News is now available for online viewing on this occasion ... SBN April 2020 (Issue117)
Subscribe to the Scottish Bridge News (SBN)
'Scottish Bridge News' is the official magazine of the Scottish Bridge Union, available to all SBU members.
To receive a personal copy of the SBN straight into your own letterbox, SBU members can subscribe for just £12 per year, or £10 if payment is arranged via a Standing Order (see below).
We expect to keep the price stable for a few years ahead, but probably not as long as we did the last time (20-odd years!).
Taking out a subscription means:
- The Scottish Bridge News (SBN) will be mailed directly to you at your home address.
- As a magazine subscriber, you will be eligible to enter competitions such as the quarterly Bidding Challenge Competition.
- The magazine subscription year starts each September with issues being published four times a year in Oct/Jan/Apr and July.
- You will be entitled to play in the Farquharson Trophy, a Pairs Championship restricted to SBN subscribers and direct SBU members.
(A subscriber may play with a non-subscriber if they have the same permanent residence)
- You will be able to enjoy the new items of interest in the magazine (now in its 28th year) from October onwards.
How to subscribe
Pay using our Standing Order ... 2018-19standingorderforSBNasof1672018.pdf
After you complete the S/O form, please sign and carry it safely to your local bank. Your bank branch will then process it for an annual payment in September and annually thereafter. Remind your bank to check for any old S/O to the SBU and if so, then have them cancelled. You can cancel an S/O at any time via your bank.
If you do not want to set up an S/O, merely fill in the form omitting any bank details and then send it with a £12 cheque to our Treasurer (see below).
Please note that as you are an SBU member, you can access your own record on MEMPAD.
This will enable you to look at your masterpoint records, and also check that you are an SBN club member with a correct postal address.
Please contact me if you have any queries.
SBU Member Services Committee
George Plant – SBU Treasurer
21/5 Falcon Road West
Edinburgh EH10 4AD
SBU bank a/c details Bank of Scotland
Cheques to be written to “Scottish Bridge Union” in full.
The April 2020 issue of Scottish Bridge News is now available for online viewing on this occasion.
Our printer is in lockdown too, and at this stage, it is not known when they will reopen, so this is an exceptional measure.
Here it is!