Supplementary Conditions of Contest
- The SBU Lady Milne Trial relates to the selection of the SBU team for the 2015 Home International Series Lady Milne Trophy.
- The trial process will consist of one weekend – 24-25 January 2015.
- The leading two pairs from the trial will each be selected for the Lady Milne Trophy on 17-19 April 2015 in England.
- The Selection Committee will select the third pair from those who played in the trial.
- The SBU may run the trial in conjunction with other national bridge organisations (NBO). In this case scoring would be across the multiple sections.
- This Conditions of Contest is supplementary to the General Conditions of Contest for the Scottish National League and SBU Trials and is established by the Selection Committee ("Committee") of the Scottish Bridge Union.
- Entries from pairs should be sent to the Secretary of the Committee, Ms Anne Perkins. The closing date for entries is 4 January 2015. All entries will be acknowledged.
- The Committee reserves the right to accept late entries at its absolute discretion.
- The entry fee for the trial weekend is £50 per pair.
- The Trial will be held on 24-25 January 2015 at the New Melville Bridge Club, 1 Pinkhill, Edinburgh, EH12 7BA.
- The trial will be run with all the Scottish pairs in a single section and they will play against all other pairs in this section.
- If the trial is run in conjunction with other NBOs, then all non-Scottish pairs will be in different sections.
- Scoring will be across all sections by cross-imps with a cap and a floor. The cap will be the minimum number of imps required for a maximum VP win had the relevant VP scale been used, and the floor will be the minimum number of negative imps required for a zero VP loss. These results will be published board by board and as totals. There will also be, for information only, a conversion of the total imps by a mathematical factor to give totals which can be more easily related to a head-to-head match format.
- Pairs will be able to check their round score based solely on their section at the end of each round. If the trial is run in conjunction with other NBOs, the final round score, based on the merged sections, will normally be available one round in arrears.
Systems and conventions
- The trial will be run as a Category 2 SBU competition.
Penalties and adjustments
- Any penalties and adjustments levied by the Director will be expressed in cross-imps, using conversion guidelines as shown in the EBU White Book.
- The standard adjustment is 2 cross-imps per comparison (for example, with sixteen pairs there will be seven comparisons and the standard adjustment will be 14 cross-imps) [EBU White Book 2013, paragraph 8.12.3].
- Any notices to be given to, or communications for, the Committee should be emailed to the Secretary of the Committee.
- The Committee can be contacted at .
Updated on 6 December with change to paragraph 4