The SBU, the National Governing Organisation for bridge in Scotland, is pleased to announce this key new post.
Recently registered as a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation (SCIO), the SBU has changed its organisational structure to support and develop its key objectives
A central part of the new structure is the General Manager, who will be employed to lead the Operational Group and will report directly to the Board of Trustees.
This is an exciting time in the long, 88-year-old history of the SBU. We have taken a fresh look at all that we want to do, and how we should “go about” achieving this. We envisage that the General Manager will play a pivotal role.
Details of the role involved and relevant responsibilities are in a Recruitment Pack, available from this link. Because there is flexibility in how the role will be fulfilled, with regard to number of hours worked and the salary it might attract, we would encourage anybody who may be interested to have an initial informal chat with Alan Goodman, Chair of Trustees, before applying.
Closing Date 31 January 2022. Interviews week beginning February 7 2022.
The SBU seeks a personable, flexible, Secretary/Administrator, to provide assistance to the New Board Chair and the interim General Manager, and their committees where necessary, so they can fulfil their responsibilities in the transitional period as we move towards the start of the New Organisation and beyond.
This is an exciting opportunity to help influence support networks in the SBU.
The successful candidate for this voluntary post may wish to be considered for a permanent post if/when it arises.
Working hours can be flexible (Monday to Saturday): part-time, covering around 10 hours per week.
- Organised, and able to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks according to their importance
- Capable of anticipating and responding efficiently and professionally to organisational needs
- Discretion and trustworthiness: you will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Tact and diplomacy
- A knowledge of standard software packages and the ability to learn organisation-specific software if required
Core Duties and Responsibilities are available on request.
Please contact Joan Forsyth, President SBU, for further information