The SBU has an insurance policy with Aviva which indemnifies the Officers, Committees and members of the Scottish Bridge Union for Public and Employers Liability.

Affiliated SBU clubs/districts which rent premises on a short-term basis e.g. church halls, pubs, hotels, golf club rooms, are covered by the SBU policy, and should not normally require further insurance cover.

Clubs, who own their premises, or who rent premises for full time occupation, will normally have a Building and/or Contents insurance policy which would include liabilities cover; these clubs will not be covered by the SBU policy.

Further details can be obtained from Scott Macdonald, Treasurer who can provide a copy of a “To Whom it May Concern Letter” from the insurance brokers. This can be used when a club is asked to produce evidence of their insurance coverage.