Subscribe to the Scottish Bridge News (SBN)
'Scottish Bridge News' is the official magazine of the Scottish Bridge Union, available to all SBU members.
To receive a personal copy of the SBN stright into your own letterbox, SBU members can subscribe for just £12 per year, or £10 if payment is arranged via a Standing Order (see below).
We expect to keep the price stable for a few years ahead, but probably not as long as we did the last time (20-odd years!).
Taking out a subscription means:
- The Scottish Bridge News will be mailed directly to you at your home address.
- As a magazine subscriber you will be eligible to enter competitions such as the Peebles Hydro quarterly Bidding Competition.
- The magazine subscription year starts each September with issues being published four times a year in Oct/Jan/Apr and July.
- You will be entitled to play in the Farquharson Trophy, a Pairs Championship restricted to SBN subscribers and direct SBU members.
(A subscriber may play with a non-subscriber if they have the same permanent residence)
- You will be able to enjoy the new items of interest in the magazine (now in its 28th year) from October 2017
How to subscribe
Pay using our Standing Order for 2018-19 ... images/2018-19standingorderforSBNasof1672018.pdf
After you complete the S/O form, please sign and carry it safely to your local bank. Your bank branch will then process it for annual payment in September 2018 and annually thereafter. Remind your bank to check for any old S/O to the SBU and if existing have them cancelled. You can cancel a S/O at any time via your bank.
If you do not want to set up a S/O, merely fill in the form ommitting any bank details and then send it with a £12 cheque to our Rose St address below.
Please note that as you are a SBU member, you can access your own record on MEMPAD.
This will enable you to look at your master point records, and also check that you are an SBN club member with a correct postal address.
Please contact me if you have any queries.
196 Rose St
SBU Member Services Committee – 16 July 2018