SBU Teltscher Trophy Trial – Supplementary Conditions of Contest
- The SBU Teltscher Trophy Trial relates to the selection of the SBU team for the 2015 Home International Series Teltscher Trophy for the Seniors Camrose.
- The trial process will consist of one weekend – 21-22 February 2015.
- The leading two pairs from the trial will each be selected for the Teltscher Trophy on 15-17 May 2015 in Ireland.
- The Selection Committee will select the third pair from those who played in the trial.
- This Conditions of Contest is supplementary to the General Conditions of Contest for the Scottish National League and SBU Trials and is established by the Selection Committee ("Committee") of the Scottish Bridge Union.
- Entries from pairs should be sent to the Secretary of the Committee, Ms Anne Perkins The closing date for entries is 15 January 2015. All entries will be acknowledged.
- The Committee reserves the right to accept late entries at its absolute discretion.
- The entry fee for the trial weekend is £50 per pair.
- Players in the Teltscher Trophy must attain the age of 60 before or during the calendar year 2015, that is be born in or before 1955.
- The Trial will be held on 21-22 February 2015 at the St Andrew Bridge Club, Glasgow.
- Each pair will play against all other pairs .
- Scoring will be by cross-imps with a cap and a floor. The cap will be the minimum number of imps required for a maximum VP win had the relevant VP scale been used, and the floor will be the minimum number of negative imps required for a zero VP loss. These results will be published board by board and as totals. There will also be, for information only, a conversion of the total imps by a mathematical factor to give totals which can be more easily related to a head-to-head match format.
Systems and conventions
- The trial will be run as a Category 2 SBU competition.
Penalties and adjustments
- Any penalties and adjustments levied by the Director will be expressed in cross-imps, using conversion guidelines as shown in the EBU White Book.
- The standard adjustment is 2 cross-imps per comparison (for example, with sixteen pairs there will be seven comparisons and the standard adjustment will be 14 cross-imps) [EBU White Book 2013, paragraph 8.12.3].
- Any notices to be given to, or communications for, the Committee should be emailed to the Secretary of the Committee.
- The Committee can be contacted at .
Updated 6 November with location
Updated 6 December with change to paragraph 4