Holders: Charles & Vi Outred, Cliff Gillis and Martin Garvey
Open Event - there is no requirement to be a member of the SBU.
Double elimination teams of 4, 5 or 6;
Rounds 1 and 2 are ... 2 x 16-board knockout or 11/16 round-robins;
Rounds 3 to 5 are ... 16 boards;
Quarter finals and semi finals are ... 24 boards; and
FINAL is 32 boards.
Eliminated teams play in a consolation event.
Teams eliminated from the consolation event will be invited to play in the Winter Swiss Teams which is held on the Sunday at the Carlton Bridge Club.
Seeding will be determined from the list of entrants as at the 31st December.
The criteria will be transparent and similar to that used in the National League with discretion for non-Scottish teams.
Melville Bridge Club, Edinburgh
From 27th January to 29th January 2017.
Friday 7.30 pm, Saturday at 10.30 am and Sunday 10.00am (final), 10.30 am (subsidiary final) or 11.00am (Swiss)
£160 per team (including table money) - cheques payable to the SBU.
Please note. Cheques should not be posted to the Killearn address given on the pop-up notice associated with the entry form.
This address is out-of-date and the program is not yet amended.
CHEQUES should be sent to the SBU Treasurer (G Plant) at the following address ...
21/5 Falcon Rd West
Edinburgh EH10 4AD
Maximum of 32 teams
Please note that players should make their own accomodation arrangements.
The SBU have arranged special rates at the nearby Holiday Inn.
- Awards are made for each match won according to the round being played.
- Round 1 - Total of 2.00 available, 1.00 for a 16 board match, 0.67 for 11 bds.
- Round 2 - 1.00 for a 16 board match, 0.67 for 11 boards.
- Pool A - 0.25 for each match won.
- Round 3 - 1.50 for a 16 board match.
- Pool B - 0.50 for each match won.
- Round 4 - 2.00 for a 16 board match.
- QF - 3.00 for a 24 board match, 2.00 for a twice loser playoff.
- SF & Final - Qualifying for the final = 4.00 plus 6.00 for winning .
- Those teams qualifying for the Subsidiary Final will be awarded 0.75 for each match won in this event with the top three places being awarded a 3.00, 2.00 and 1.00 bonus.
- All points awarded are National Points (red SBU; green EBU)