Prestwick Riggs Bridge Club was created on 28 September 1978. Gordon Smith ran a bridge class commencing in 1977. The club was formed by members of the bridge class. The Club continues to thrive and regularly has 30/40 players each Thursday night. The club meets in the Ayrshire Bridge Centre in Prestwick throughout the year.
The people in the photograph from left to right are:
- Gordon Smith, teacher of the original class 41 years ago
- Sharon Lindsay, President, Prestwick Riggs Bridge Club
- Eddie McGeough, President of the Scottish Bridge Union
- Muriel Forbes, Secretary, Prestwick Riggs Bridge Club
- David Wiseman, President, Ayrshire Bridge Union